Thursday, August 13, 2009

Holiness of Heart and Life 8-13-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You the first fruits of my first thoughts this day. ... "Then He brought me to the gate, the gate facing east. And there the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east; the sound was like the sound of mighty waters; and the earth shone with His glory.... As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the inner court; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple" (Ezekiel 43:1-5). In the cool of this summer morning, Your Spirit brings me out of the front gate of my house that faces the east on onto the front porch that faces the woods, as I wait for rising of the sun over the trees and welcome the rising of the glory of Your manifest presence into my heart. I draw near to You, knowing You draw near to me in the inner court of prayer (James 4:8). Lord, let my life be Your temple today, as Your Word and Your Spirit require: "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? ... God's temple is holy and you are that temple" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). "We are the temple of the living God; as God said, 'I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people' " (2 Corinthians 6:16). Cleanse me in Your blood, Lord Jesus, from all the unrighteousness of my sins -- from every way that I've not been in right relationship with You, with others, and within myself. Purify my heart in Your fire, Holy Spirit -- from every way I've defiled and been defiled by the world, the flesh, and the devil. Draw me back into the security and surrender of Your unending embrace and unfailing love, my Father God -- from every way I've questioned Your faithfulness or doubted Your promises, turning to myself instead of turning to You. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I lift up my head and open up my gates, that the King of glory may come in (Psalm 24:7-10). Come into Your temple my God and my King. "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, making holiness perfect in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1). As I see the morning sun rising now above the woods that blocked my view into the dawn of this new day, I welcome You to fill Your temple of my heart and life with the glory of Your abiding and holy Presence. "Absolute holiness... is the primary law of the temple" (Ezekiel 43:12, NLT). "Who will ascend the hill of the Lord? And who will stand in His holy place? Those who have clean hands and pure hearts...." (Psalm 24:3-4). Thank You for the unearned and undeserved gift of this amazing grace that cleanses my hands and purifies my heart to live this day and every day in the presence of a holy God who desires to dwell in the temple of my heart and life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Our ministry model at Messiah Ministries for healing and deliverance prayer ministry is holiness of heart and life, through the Holy Spirit's sanctification of spirit, soul, and body that brings healing and freedom in every dimension of our lives. I've tried to express what I've learned in these first 12 years of full time healing prayer ministry in my new book, Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance. Friends, please keep us in prayer for our four day intensive School of Spiritual Ministry this week in Lexington, as the Lord ministers His healing love to us while He equips and empowers us to minister His healing love to others in spirit, soul, and body. Since the moment this class began we've all sensed the tenderness of His presence and the weightiness of His glory. I pray the same for you as you join with us in the communion of prayer and through the bond of the Holy Spirit. God bless you! Please come join us for A Day Apart for Healing, Oct. 3rd near Nashville, TN I'll be leading with Jonathan Dow of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries at their ministry base in Goodlettsville, TN. In an atmosphere of deep worship and God's healing love, we'll address areas of rejection, shame, fear, rebellion, trauma and freedom from spiritual oppression, while also addressing potential hindrances to healing. A brochure is attached. http://www.aldersgaterenewal.org/events/arc/day_Apart_09_Healing.html Please spread to the word to anyone who may be interested and come if you can! Order my books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning and our other Messiah Ministries Resources or Contribute to Our Ministry on-line at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com