Friday, August 07, 2009

God's Camp 8-7-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Center the soul of my mind and will and emotions in the certainty and security of Your unending love for me. I love You and I thank You for first loving me. ... "Jacob went on his way and the angels of God met him; and when Jacob saw them he said, 'This is God's camp!' So he called that place Mahanaim" (Genesis 32:1). My two little angels of God, Elijah and Josiah, have been begging me to go camping one more time before school starts. And my oldest angel, Elizabeth, is coming home from college to meet up with us. I'll be sharing in the ministry of their s'mores and they'll be sharing in the tribulation of my snores. But I already know You'll meet us there with Your healing balm of laughter and Your inspiring sense of adventure, as we remember the old stories and make some new ones together. We may call that place Lee's cabin instead of Mahanaim, but it will be God's camp to us. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Order my books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning and our other Messiah Ministries Resources or Contribute to Our Ministry on-line at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com