Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Teacher and Lord 8-12-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my face and open up my eyes to the Sun of Righteousness, in the soft dawn's light of a new day. ... "Make me to know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all day long" (Psalm 25:4-5). Today is the first day of second grade for my son Elijah. This week and next week, I'll be entrusting all my children to all their teachers and professors at varying levels of education. But even as I do, I declare with the authority of a father's blessing from a father's heart that I entrust my children to You first and foremost as their Teacher. I pray for the teachers and for the students to be guided by the wisdom of God, in all the subjects that are taught and all the words that are spoken. All truth that they learn will be Your truth, for all truth is God's truth, and You are the Truth -- "the Way and the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6). And I ask You to guard their hearts and minds from all that may be untrue, as Your Spirit reminds them of all the truth You have already sown into their spirits. As You said to Your first disciples, so You say me and my children and all who are willing to know Your ways, to be taught Your paths, and be lead in Your truth, "You call Me Teacher and Lord -- and you are right, for that is what I Am" (John 13:13). Jesus, be my Teacher and Lord today. Even as I try to teach others what I believe You have taught me, I pray it would be You teaching through me. And I entrust my life to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace, to be eternally Your student and disciple, seeking to follow in Your ways, Your paths, and Your truth. Correct me when I'm wrong, convict me when I sin as You help me to grow in the wisdom of God. For You are the God of my salvation and I for You I will wait all day long. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer for our four day intensive School of Spiritual Ministry this week in Lexington, as the Lord ministers His healing love to us while He equips and empowers us to minister His healing love to others in spirit, soul, and body. Since the moment this class began we've all sensed the tenderness of His presence and the weightiness of His glory. I pray the same for you as you join with us in the communion of prayer and through the bond of the Holy Spirit. God bless you! Please come join us for A Day Apart for Healing, Oct. 3rd near Nashville, TN I'll be leading with Jonathan Dow of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries at their ministry base in Goodlettsville, TN. In an atmosphere of deep worship and God's healing love, we'll address areas of rejection, shame, fear, rebellion, trauma and freedom from spiritual oppression, while also addressing potential hindrances to healing. A brochure is attached. http://www.aldersgaterenewal.org/events/arc/day_Apart_09_Healing.html Please spread to the word to anyone who may be interested and come if you can! Order my books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning and our other Messiah Ministries Resources or Contribute to Our Ministry on-line at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com