Monday, May 02, 2011

True Spiritual Leaders - May 2

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name as my first word today. I watch and wait in the silence of surrender for the leading of Your Spirit as my first decision this morning. …

“For we know, brothers and sisters beloved by God, that He has chosen you, because our message of the gospel came to you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of persons we proved to be among you for your sake. And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for in spite of persecution you received the word with joy inspired by the Holy Spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia” (1 Thessalonians 1:4-7).

You are our example. You inspire us and encourage us to walk in Your steps, to speak with Your words, and to move in Your power—by the Spirit of Christ moving within us and the Spirit of Christ moving through us (Colossians 1:27). We’re true spiritual leaders only to the degree that we are truly following You.

Lord, I want to be You true follower so I can be Your true leader, whenever and wherever You choose to use my life to help lead others to You. So I know every day must begin and end with You at the center of the thoughts in my mind and the desires in my heart. I need to be sensitive to Your correction, teachable to Your instruction, available to Your prompting. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I want to keep looking to You, beholding You, as You keep changing me into the image of the one You’ve created me to be (2 Corinthians 3:18). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, thank you so much for covering us in prayer at the Pastor's Retreat on Padre Island in South Texas this past weekend with the Corpus Christi District of the United Methodist Church (www.ccdistrictumc.org). It was great time of refreshing and renewing with them, and I was excited to speak with them on the topic of spiritual leadership as coaches in prayer. Please pray for fruit to come in everyone's ministry to encourage, inspire, equip, and empower those the Lord has entrusted to them in their spiritual journeys and ministries of prayer with passion and power. I pray the same for you! Please pray the same for me.


To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Join in the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute