Friday, May 20, 2011

"Not One Thing Has Failed" - May20

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start today and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
" 'And now I am about to go the way of all the earth, and you know in your hearts and souls, all of you that not one thing has failed of all the good things the Lord your God has promised concerning you; all have come to pass for you, no one of them has failed'" (Joshua 23:14).
When all is said and done in my life on this earth, let it be said that not one thing has failed of all the good things the Lord my God has promised concerning me. Let them all come to pass in Your timing and in Your way.
That will never happen because of my strength, my wisdom, my goodness, or even my good intentions. That will never happen because I got it all right, never stumbled, never faltered, never failed. And that will certainly never happen just by chance.
But it will happen. It will happen by the grace of God Who has the power to redeem. It will happen by the will of God Who sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end, Who never changes the facts of our history, but can always change the effect of our history, when we humble ourselves to call on Your name to set things right. That's how You redeem our ashes for beauty, our brokenness for healing, our bondage for freedom (Isaiah 61). That's how You cause all things to work together for good (Romans 8).
Our choices are real. And so is Your sovereignty to take our choices - good, bad, and indifferent - and work them together for good if we'll entrust our lives to You. "The human mind plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps" (Proverbs 16:9).
By the mercy of Your grace and by Your power to redeem, direct my steps in the way the leads to a life that fulfills all Your promises concerning me. What could be better when I've run my race and fought the good fight than to hear You say, "Well done" (Matthew 25:21)? I thank You now for that day then that it won't depend at all upon what I do, but upon what You've done. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! May 20th, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. This month, Lisa Baker will be leading in worship and I will be leading in prayer. We will be blessing the Marriage of Linda Dulinand David Moore, married last Sunday. Linda is our Pastor of Prayer Ministries at Messiah Ministries. We will also be blessing Gene and Lisa Baker on thier journey to the next season of life and ministry in Colorado. All are welcome!

Subscribe
: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
: