Thursday, December 01, 2011

Eagles Soar Higher in the Spirit's Power - December 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let my feet be grounded in Your Word and my heart soar in Your Spirit. ...
I awoke this morning to the tune of a new song Your Holy Spirit was writing on my heart:

Though my eyes may see
Whatever troubles me
I can choose to not let them get me down

Though I may not know
Which way to go
I can choose to come and follow You

You always bring me through
And Your mercies are new
I can choose to call on Your name every day

I can stay in the pit
Bound with lies and regret
Or I can rise and soar to the sky ...

 Eagles fly high
They live the sky life
Though troubles come around
They don't get them down
Eagles soar up higher
In the Spirit's power
'Til the troubles of this world fade away

Thank You, Holy Spirit. You always give me the right perspective. And having the right perspective is such a key to the victorious life I'm created and called to live. "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ Who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4).


Lord, teach me how to life the sky life-a life hidden in Christ, always looking to Christ, lifted above the things of the kingdoms of this world that would weigh me down to the things of the Kingdom of Heaven that lifts me up. Teach me how to soar up higher in Your Spirit's power like the eagle whose spirit cannot be crushed and whose hope cannot fade. "But those who wait for the Lord will renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31).


Yes, Lord. I choose to follow You. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to soar up higher in Your Spirit's power-not running away from the troubles of this world, nor letting the troubles of this world crush my spirit or steal my hope. I choose Your perspective. I choose to live the sky life. I choose to keep looking up unto the hills from where my help comes from, because my help comes from the Lord (Psalm 121:1-2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

You're Warmly Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Party on December 2nd. Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591 Bring some friends!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org

Orange