Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Morning by Morning, November 20 - "Every Blessing in Abundance"
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Word of God. Let my spirit hear You speak, as You put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. ...
"And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8).
Thank You for all You provided for me, for all You have poured into me. Thank You for never giving up on me, for always reaching out to me, for eternally embracing me. Give me an ever-increasingly generous spirit that wants to share abundantly all I've received.
Though I've not always seen it for what it was at the time, You have provided me with "every blessing in abundance"-even the blessings of all the opportunities to die to my flesh and my will apart from Yours, to learn obedience through suffering, to find the treasure of knowing that my relationship with You is the most important blessing I could ever receive. "Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift!" (v. 9:15)
So I thank You for provision, but I also thank You for teaching me that You alone must be the source of my provision (Philippians 4:19). I thank You for joy, but I also thank You for teaching me that it's for the sake of the joy set before me that at times I must endure the cross of what feels like shame at the time (Hebrews 12:2). And I thank You for teaching me this simple truth from the Word of God as a foundational philosophy of life: "The only thing that counts is faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6). The blessing of knowing You in faith and giving away what I've received to others in love is Your great, abundant blessing to me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, may our God who is able pour abundatly into your life every blessing, as you share His abundant blessings in love to the ones He brings into intersection with your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend.
 
I'm blessed to be with family out at my mom's house in the mountains of New Mexico for Thanksgiving. I pray Thanksgiving blessings for you!
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502