Thursday, December 20, 2012


Morning by Morning, December 20 - One World Ruler


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, align my spirit, soul, and body with Your word and Your will for my life today. ...


"In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered.... All went to their own towns to be registered. Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the City of David, called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David" (Luke 2:1-4).


Men in power have sought to use their position for their own purposes since the beginning of time. Whether requiring all the world to be registered under the control of a one-world government to establish a new world order, whether requiring all buying and selling to be restricted to those who bear the mark of submission to the regime in power, or other means of global political, religious dominion, there is a spirit at work in the world that wants to exalt itself and rule as the guardian, peace-keeper, and messiah of all mankind (1 John 2:18). It is the counterfeit and opposite of the Spirit of Christ who conceived the Child ordained to be the true Prince of Peace and Ruler of All in the womb Mary, the betrothed of Joseph (Isaiah 9:6).


Yet, Lord, You even use the purposes and plans of men who are trying to build their own kingdoms to assert their own dominion upon the world to advance the purposes of Your eternal kingdom that will not pass away, under the authority of the One who will rule and reign forever (Daniel 7:14; Revelation 1:4-6). "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps" (Proverbs 16:9, NKJ). "The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and His Anointed ... (but) He who sits in the heavens laughs... Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth..." (Psalm 2).


You are my King of Glory; You are my Prince of Peace. You are the sovereign Ruler of all the earth who causes all things to work together for good, all in Your time and all in Your plan. No matter what ways I have planned in my heart, I ask You to direct my steps. And no matter what ways the rulers of this world have planned in their hearts, I trust You to see it all and use it all to accomplish Your purposes and advance Your kingdom. I look forward to the day when we hear the heavenly decree, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah, and He will reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, I pray the Spirit of Christ abiding within you will direct your steps and bring God's great favor upon your life in the power of His grace. Fear not, He is at work in the world, even though the enemy of our souls is at work as well. But our God reigns and one day we will know it was all worth it to live forever in His eternal kingdom of righteousness and peace and joy! Keep the faith, and please pray the same for me. I hope my morning prayer today was not too heavy, but I try to pray it as it comes every morning. God bless you, my friend. Merry Christmas!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502