Thursday, December 06, 2012


Morning by Morning, December 6 - "Guided by the Spirit"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You align the way I think and the way I choose with the way You are. ...


"Guided by the Spirit, Simeon came into the temple; and when the parents brought the Child Jesus, to do for Him what was customary under the law, Simeon took Him in his arms and praised God, saying, 'Master, now You are dismissing Your servant in peace, according to Your word; for my eyes have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared in the presence of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to Your people Israel' " (Luke 2:27-32).


No human told Simeon that this little Baby was the Messiah. And though Simeon obviously had great faith and a righteous heart, though he spent much time at the temple and no doubt knew his Scriptures well, it was by the guiding of the Spirit that he encountered the Christ Child. It was by the guiding of the Spirit that his eyes were opened to see that this was the One, chosen by God, to be the Light to the nations from the land of Israel (Isaiah 9:1-7).


Holy Spirit, guide me. Lead me to the places and people where I am to encounter Christ today. Open the eyes of my heart to see You at work in my life, fulfilling every word You've spoken to my heart. Like Simeon, even if I grow to be an old man, let me never lose hope that You are the One who will be faithful to bring all Your plans and purposes to pass, just as You have said. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, may the Holy Spirit guide your heart and open your eyes to see Jesus Christ, the Messiah of God, in all the encounters the Lord plans for you today. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend.


An Exciting Answer to Prayer Yesterday!

We were moved by the Spirit to pray for a little girl who's been in much pain for several years with pancreatitis. Her Children's Pastor was almost without words trying to share the great news that the little girl fell asleep about that time and woke up later with almost no pain at all for the first time in a very long time. The doctors and nurses were all rushing to see and declaring a miracle had happened. Praise God! Healing and miracles are such mystery that we don't always understand when they happen and when they don't, but we can shout the high praises of God, rejoicing in Him, whenever they do! There's power in the name of Jesus!


Please keep us in prayer as our ministry continues to partner with Rapha God Ministries in San Antonio, Texas this week, with teaching and ministry of inner healing -- healing from the inside out (www.RaphaGodMinistries.com). I'll be back in Kentucky to speak and minister at Cornerstone Assemby of God in Danville, Kentucky, Sunday December 16th in morning and evening services (www.DanvilleCornerstone.net). Please come join us if you can. All are welcome!


Friends, as you are led by God's Spirit, please remember Messiah Ministries in your Christmas and Year End Giving to help us continue to fulfill our calling of "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" at home and abroad. I'm so grateful for all your encouragment and support; and I do pray the Lord has used our ministry to be an encouragement and blessing to you. God bless you and Merry Christmas!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502