Wednesday, December 05, 2012


Morning by Morning - December 5 - Expectant Hope for Christ's Coming


Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and welcome You into every moment of my day and every area of my life. ...


"Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; this man was righteous and devout, looking forward to the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit rested on him. It had been revealed to him that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Messiah" (Luke 2:25-26).


Holy Spirit of God, You rested upon Simeon and stirred within his spirit to look forward to the coming of the Messiah. As he grew older with each day, he believed by faith he grew closer to the day Messiah would come.


No doubt, Simeon travailed in prayer and longed in his heart for the coming of the One who would comfort his people and fulfill all that had been revealed to him. I'm sure he was expectant in his anticipation, like little children waiting for Christmas morning.


Come, Holy Spirit. Rest upon me and stir up within me that same expectant hope and trusting faith for the coming of Messiah that moved the heart of Simeon. Christ has died; Christ has risen; and Christ will come again. I long to see the One "who is and who was and who is to come" (Revelation 1:8).


One day, Lord Jesus, You will come again as the Messiah of Israel and all the world for all the world to see (1 Thessalonians 4:16). And every day between this day and that one, You want to come into our hearts, by the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us (Romans 8:9). Like those You led to long for Your coming at the first Christmas, I long for Your coming this Christmas and every day that it represents. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, may the Holy Spirit of God fill your heart with a longing hope and expectant faith for the coming of Christ every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend.


Friends, as you are led by God's Spirit, please remember Messiah Ministries in your Christmas and Year End Giving to help us continue to fulfill our calling of "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" at home and abroad. I'm so grateful for all your encouragment and support; and I do pray the Lord has used our ministry to be an encouragement and blessing to you. God bless you and Merry Christmas!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502