Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 13 - "Our Scars Tell Our Stories"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good Shepherd, lead me beside Your still waters, as I listen for Your leading to start my day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...


"Then (Jesus) said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here and see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe.' Thomas answered Him, 'My Lord and my God!'" (John 20:27).


Last night after the San Antonio Rodeo, I heard Mark Hall of Casting Crowns tell all of us who stayed for a time of praise and worship, "Your scars are your stories." His words have stuck with me. I'm sure as a youth pastor he's seen many times the scars of the cuts inflicted by hurting and troubled young people as a way to express or control the pain they feel inside. I've seen them too in our ministry of inner healing. In a way, a scar is a sign of healing of what was once a wound.


As Thomas and all Your first disciples saw with their own eyes, You have scars too. Even in Your Resurrected Body, Your scars remain. And You'll carry Your scars for all eternity. Your scars are Your story of Your wounds for us, that we might be healed and whole, forgiven and free. Our sins pierced Your hands and cut open Your side. But when we reach out with our hearts to take hold of how much You've sacrificed in unfailing love for each one of us, we fall to our knees in worship to cry out like Thomas, "My Lord and my God!"


Then our scars - the places where You've forgiven our sins, broken our chains, and healed our wounds - become our stories. They're our stories of Your mercy and love, Your power and grace. For there's no sin You'll not forgive, no chain You'll not break, no wound You'll not heal if we'll humble our hearts to reach out in faith to trust You and Your love for us, as best as we can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My Friend, I praise God for every place Jesus has healed you and freed you and forgiven you. My your scars tell your stories of our awesome God's mercy and love in your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257