Monday, February 18, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 18 - Healing Step by Step


Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're my Savior and my Healer, my Lord and my Friend. So I speak out Your name and begin my day in the journey of prayer with You. ...


"On the way to Jerusalem Jesus was going through the region between Samaria and Galilee. As He entered a village, ten lepers approached Him. Keeping their distance, they called out, saying, 'Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!' When He saw them, He said to them, 'Go and show yourselves to the priests.' As they went, they were made clean" (Luke 17:11-14).


Lord, You're wonderful and merciful to heal us in many ways. Sometimes You heal us instantly in a miraculous moment. Sometimes You heal us step by step, as we walk out our faith in obedience to Your word. Sometimes You heal us when You free us forever from the brokenness of this fallen world where the fullness of Your Kingdom is not yet fully manifest on earth as it is in heaven.


For the ten lepers, Your healing was literally step by step. And while all ten were healed, only one came running back to You, "praising God with a loud voice" (v. 15). Maybe the other nine thought it their own act of obedience or their own self-righteousness that healed them. Maybe they thought it was just a coincidence that they were healed after an encounter with You. Maybe they thought their medicine was finally balanced or their exercise plan was finally working its natural course. But You asked, "Where are they?" You expected them to "return and give praise to God" (v. 17-18).


Your healing is an expression of Your love for us. It's not Your only expression of love, but it is an expression of love. And our thanksgiving and praise is an expression of our love for You. So whether my healing comes by Your mercy in all the ways I need it -either instantly in a miracle, gradually in a process, or ultimately in heaven - I thank You and praise You for all Your love and mercy for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My Friend, I thank and praise our God for all His heal and mercy in your life -- all that you've received and all that you will receive, here on earth or there in heaven. May you be one who always remembers to give God all the glory and praise. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257