Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 20 - From the Inside Out


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind; put Your desires in my heart. Align my will and my ways with Yours. Make me more like You each day. ...


"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources that He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grown down deep into God's love and keep you strong" (Ephesians 3:14-17, NLT).


O my Father, Creator of heaven and earth, I fall to my knees in prayer and I lift up my heart in worship. I want my life to be grounded in Your Word and empowered by Your Spirit. I want Christ to be at home in my heart. I want to be deeply rooted in Your love, firmly established in Your faith, and unapologetically strong in Your truth.


I can't accomplish any of that or even fully desire any of that on my own. Apart from You, I can do nothing. "(I) put no confidence in human effort" (Philippians 3:3). But I'm so thankful that by the power of the grace of God, I'm never apart from You and don't have to depend upon my own effort. You're always with me. You're Spirit is always within me.


It's from the inside out You keep changing me into Your image, You keep aligning me with Your Word and Your ways, and You keep empowering me with Your Spirit. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13). This is the power of "inner strength through Your Spirit" that alone can change my heart and conform my life to make me more like You each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My friend, may the Holy Spirit of the Living God keep changing you into the image of the Son of God from the inside out, giving you the desire and the power to be more like Jesus each day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257