Thursday, February 21, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 21 - Of A Different Spirit


Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I look to You and entrust myself to You, You are changing me into Your image (2 Corinthians 3:18). ...


"But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed Me wholeheartedly, I will bring into the land in which he went, and his descendants shall possess it" (Numbers 14:24).


Caleb dared to be different than the culture around him. Caleb dared to be different than the other leaders around him. He had a different spirit. Like Joshua, his brother in the Lord and faithful companion who had the same spirit, he was strong and courageous in the Spirit of the Lord.


They knew they could trust You to be with them and go before them to embrace the destiny and promises of God, with a heart to bring their people into that place You'd prepared for them as well. You told them: "Be strong and courageous; for you shall put this people in possession of the land that I swore to their ancestors to give them" (Joshua 1:6).


They weren't blind to the giants in the land, but they saw them as defeated foes, unable to withstand the will of the Lord being courageously pursued by those in obedience to the word of the Lord. They had eyes to see the strongholds and fortifications that were barriers and blockages to their advance into the fullness of the promises of God for them and their people, but they knew You had to the power to bring down every wall and break every stronghold (Numbers 13:30).


Lord, let me have that different spirit - the Spirit of the Lord that encourages me and empowers me, that goes before me and goes with me, that defeats every enemy and brings downs every stronghold, whether before me or within me. "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17). As You free me and lead me, let me also be strong and courageous in the Spirit of the Lord, wholehearted in my devotion to You and Your purpose for me, to lead others into their possession of Your promises for them as well. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My friend, I pray you would be fille with the Spirit of the Lord, strong and courageous, to possess all the promises God has for you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257