Monday, February 25, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 25 - "The Friendship of the Lord"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow my heart and open my spirit to wait for Your leading as I begin my day focused on You.  ...

"The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him, He makes His covenant known to them" (Psalm 25:14).

Lord, You're my heavenly Father and my faithful Friend. But Your friendship requires my faithfulness. Your friendship is reserved for those who fear Your name, who yield to Your Word, and humble themselves to honor Your ways. This level of intimacy is reserved for those who are willing to trust You with all their hearts to obey You with all their lives.

Some think grace does not expect obedience. Some think friendship does not require faithfulness. But Your Word teaches differently. As You said directly, "You are My friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:14).

Though You are always my Lord and Savior, I also want You to always be my best Friend. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Let my words and my actions be an expression of my honor of You and Your Word and Your ways in my heart. Help me want to hear and obey Your voice and Your will. "He who has the bride is the Bridegroom. The friend of the Bridegroom, who stands and hears Him, rejoices greatly at the Bridegroom's voice. For this reason, my joy has been fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:29-30). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tommy,  may you know the friendship of the Lord, hearing His voice and obeying His word, forgiven by His grace and filled with His Spirit. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out

Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257