Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Morning by Morning, April 30 - Done with Death, Alive in Christ

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. I'm bought with the price of Your Blood and filled with the peace of Your Spirit. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin this day with You in the holy communion of prayer.  ...

"So, when the people set out from their tents, to pass over the Jordan with the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people, and when those who bore the ark had come to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark were dipped in the brink of the water (the Jordan overflows all its banks throughout the time of the harvest), the waters coming down from above stood and rose up in a heap far off, at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, and those flowing down toward the seas of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were wholly cut off; and the people passed over opposite Jericho. And while all Israel were passing over on dry ground, the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan, until all the nation finished passing over the Jordan" (Joshua 3:14-17)

The waters of the Jordan were cut off as far back as Adam, just like all our sins are cut off as far back as Adam when we cross over into newness of life in Christ. "If, because of (Adam's) trespass, death exercised dominion through that one, much more surely will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness exercise dominion in life through the one man, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).

As I follow the ark of Your Presence into the promised land of my inheritance, I don't want to take sin with me. "Death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all sinned" (Romans 5:12). And I'm done with death. I'm alive in Christ! "For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:21-22).

In the land of my inheritance, there is newness of life! "Therefore we have been buried with (Christ) by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with Him in a death like His, we will certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His. We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For whoever has died is freed from sin" (Romans 6:4-7).

I'm crossing over because I'm crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20). Sin is forgiven and death is defeated. Those waters are cut off from me as far back as Adam. Praise God! Hallelujah! Now encourage me and empower me - from the inside out, by the Spirit of Life abiding in me - to live this out every day, as I live into the fullness of my inheritance in You (Philippians 2:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray for you'd be encouraged and empowered from the inside out, by the power of the Holy Spirit abiding in you, to live free from sin and death in the newness of life you have in Christ. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Please join us in person or by Live-Stream for our monthly Evening of Healing with Max Lucado and Tommy Hays at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge campus at 7PM CST Wednesday May 1st (www.oakhillschurch.com). Our Rapha God Ministries prayer team will be joining the OHC prayer team and elders for personal prayer ministry for all who desire spiritual, emotional, and physical healing in the name of Jesus. Please keep us in prayer and may the Holy Spirit minister the healing love of our Father to you and those on your heart in Jesus' mighty name.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257