Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Morning by Morning, April 23 - Camp Out before Crossing Over

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm looking and listening, watching and waiting, for Your leading as I begin my day deliberately with You.  ...

"Early in the morning Joshua rose and set out from Shittim with all the Israelites, and they came to the Jordan. They camped there before crossing over. At the end of three days the officers went through the camp and commanded the people, 'When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God carried by the levitical priests, then you shall set out from your place. Follow it, so that you may know the way you should go, for you have not passed this way before...." (Joshua 3:1-4)

For three days the people of Israel were watching and waiting, looking for Your leading. In their own power and their own timing, they could have easily crossed the river into the land that You had already promised was theirs. But You were teaching them to learn to wait, to slay their impatience and put to death their presumption until they saw the ark of the covenant-the physical representation of Your spiritual Presence-moving before them to lead the way.

Lord, You know the way. You see the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning. All things are always present to You. You already know every challenge I'll face and every battle I'll fight-the ones I'll win and the ones I'll lose, teaching me about You and about myself through every one. You already know every choice I'll ever make and every choice that will ever be made that will affect my journey through the land. But my part is still to choose well, as best as I can and all by Your grace. As You said through Joshua, "Choose this day whom you will serve" (Joshua 24:15).

While You've given me glimpses and foretastes of things to come, with great expectancy for Your promises in my spirit, like the people of Israel about to cross over into the land of their inheritance, I've never been this way before. And I don't want to go anywhere You're not going before me and not going with me. So give me patience to camp out until I see and sense the moving of Your Presence. Let my heart be Your ark, with my spirit in constant communion with Your Spirit. Then I'll know when it's time to awaken and advance into all You have prepared for me and those on the journey with me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
  
  
My Friend, may your heart be God's ark and your spirit be in constant communion with God's Spirit. May you see and sense the moving of His Presence, leading you into all the promises He has for your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257