Friday, April 05, 2013


Morning by Morning, April 5 - Abiding in Grace, Obeying in Love

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit; be One within me, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4). ...

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples. As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love ..." (John 15:7-10).

It's by Your grace that we can abide in Your love. And at the same time, Your grace does not replace Your call to obey You in love in order to abide in Your love.

Lord, how does that relationship of grace and obedience come together, so we can abide in Your love? ...

It seems I hear You say, "My grace is My freedom and My favor. It's my freedom that you may freely, willingly choose to follow Me as My disciple. It's my favor that you may know that I Am the One who is at work within you, empowering you to will what is right and to do what is right, in obedience to Me and My words of Spirit and Life abiding in you."

Yes, Lord. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). That's the difference between law and grace. That's the difference between trying to be good and doing good in my own power verses being good and doing good by embracing Your power at work within me. That's the same power that raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11). "For the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set (me) free from the law of sin and of death" (Romans 8:2). Thank You for Your promise that "whoever finds Me finds Life and obtains favor from the Lord" (Proverbs 8:35).

My holy and heavenly Father, I can abide in that truth and obey that commandment, all by the power of Your grace at work within me through the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I seek to embrace Your freedom and Your favor to will and to do what is right, according to Your words abiding in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
  
  
My Friend,  may you abide in the love and power and grace of God to will and to do what is right, bearing much fruit through your life to the glory of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

We had an awesome start last night for our six week Level 2 Rapha God Ministries School of Ministry for Sozo Inner Healing Prayer Ministry being hosted at Oak Hills Church. We have over 65 students and 15 of our leaders to equip and train more teams for prayer ministry! Please keep us in prayer and make plans to come on join us in the future as you are able.DVD's and CD's are available from past Messiah Ministries Schools of Ministry Level 1 Level 2 along with other resources for balanced, Biblical teaching and equipping on Healing, Deliverance, and Prayer along with my book Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance (www.messiah-ministries.org/resources).

I'm excited to be speaking this weekend at our Conference on Healing atKingswood United Methodist Church in Amarillo, Texas. Please come join us if you can and keep us in prayer if you can't. We're excited to see what God will do.
 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257