Monday, April 13, 2015

Morning by Morning, April 13 - "My Lord and My God!"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I believe You and I trust You. Help me live like it today.  ...

"But Thomas (who was called the Twin), one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord.' But he said to them, 'Unless I see the mark of the nails in His hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in His side, I will not believe.' And week later His disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were shut, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you.' Then He said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here and see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it in My side. Do not doubt but believe.' Thomas answered Him, 'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him, 'Have you believed because you have seen Me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe' " (John 20:24-29).

The highest declaration of the Deity of Jesus Christ recorded in all of Scripture -- "My Lord and My God!" -- came from the lips of the one who had doubted the most. Thomas said, "I will not believe." But when he saw Your hands, scarred by Your love, and heard Your voice, inviting him near, all his doubts were flooded with faith.

Years ago, I was honored to preach near the place in southern India where Thomas laid down his life in the sacrifice of his love for You as his Lord and His God that never waivered from that moment forth. I was humbled to remember how blessed we are by the power of Your grace to believe. We're not able to see You in the flesh and put our fingers in Your hands, but we are able to trust You in our hearts, as You turn our doubts to faith and we come to believe.

Lord, give me greater compassion for those who find it hard to believe. In one sense, they are fighting a battle they didn't choose:  "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4). Let them see Christ in me. Let them hear Your voice reaching out to them in Your love through me. "We are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us (2 Corinthians 5:20). Let their minds be freed and their eyes be opened to see You for who You are for all of us -- our Lord and our God. In Jesus' name I pray Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friend,   May you grow in the confidence of your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and your God, sharing the light of the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ through your life every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Friends, thank you for your prayers for us last weekend in Lexington, Kentucky at our conference with Voice of Joy Ministries. We saw miracles and experienced the powerful presence of the Lord! I pray the same for  you everywhere Christ send you!       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!