Friday, April 17, 2015

Morning by Morning, April 17 - Impartation of Spiritual Gifts

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. I love You because You first loved me.  ...

"I am longing to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen you -- or rather so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine" (Romans 1:11-12).

Thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank You for the gift of life and then the gift of new life. Thank You for the gift of the Father's love and the Father's blessing and the Father's favor. Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit living in me and Your spiritual gifts flowing through me. And thank You for the gift of getting to give away all You've given to me in the never-ending flow of Your life through my life. This is all part of our inheritance as children of God, as we grow in our understanding of our identity and live into the fullness of our destiny in Christ (Romans 8:17).

One of the ways You equip us and empower us to live our lives for Your glory is through the impartation of spiritual gifts. Paul said he was longing to come encourage the believers in Rome and to "impart" to them spiritual gifts (Romans 8:11 NKJV). What You had done in him, what You had poured into him, he wanted to give away to them. "Freely (we) have received, freely give" (Matthew 10:8 NKJV). That's an expression of the heart of a spiritual father, an expression of the heart of our heavenly Father.

Near the end of his life, Paul reminded Timothy of the spiritual gifts that were imparted to him:  "Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you through prophecy with the laying on of hands by the council of elders" (1 Timothy 4:14). And in the parting words of his last letter, Paul spoke to Timothy as "my beloved child" to leave a legacy of encouragement and spiritual confidence in the heart of his spiritual son (2 Timothy 1.2). He spoke again of the impartation of spiritual gifts:  "For this reason I remind you to rekindle the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands" (2 Timothy 1:6).

You give us Your Holy Spirit, and You give us spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:7).  And, at the same time, You also impart spiritual gifts to us through one another as You will. Thank You for those who were willing to share with me and impart to me all You desired to pour into me through them. And thank You for the opportunities to go and do likewise, freely receiving and freely giving, for the glory of Your name, for the coming of Your kingdom, and for the maturing of Your bride. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you freely receive and freely give all the gifts of God He pours into you and through you for His glory through your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
   
Friends, I'm excited to be returning to Bear Creek United Methodist Church in Houston, Texas this weekend to continue speaking on Inner Healing Prayer Ministry and equipping prayer ministry teams during our Level 2 Training. Please keep us in prayer, and I pray for a fresh awakening of prayer and healing ministry through your church and the Body of Christ. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!