Friday, April 24, 2015

Morning by Morning, April 24 - "Abound in Hope"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the heart and lead me on the path that leads to life in You today.  ...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).

You are the God of hope. And it's in believing -- in trusting and committing and totally surrendering myself to You as best as I can and all by Your grace -- that I position myself to be filled by You with all joy and peace. That's the hope that I have because that's the promised You've made.

According to Your Word, it's "the power of the Holy Spirit" that causes me to "abound in hope." My part is not to make myself hope or make myself joyful or make myself peaceful. My part is to choose to believe, as best as I can and all by Your grace. And when my faith to believe is weak or growing weary, my part is to cry out to You in prayer with as much sincerity of heart as I have in that moment, "I believe, help my unbelief" (Mark 9:24). You meet me where I am; You love me where I am; and You help me where I am. In fulfilling Your part according to Your promises, You move in Your power of the Holy Spirit in my mind and my heart to empower me to believe so that I can abound in hope.

Come, Holy Spirit. Move in me to abound in hope today. Fill me with all joy and peace in believing. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the God of hope cause hope to abound in you today by the power of the Holy Spirit at work within you, empowering you to believe and filling you with all joy and peace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!