Monday, April 27, 2015

Morning by Morning, April 27 - Hidden Treasures of God's Wisdom

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...

"My child, if you accept my words and treasure up my commandments within you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; if you indeed cry out for insight, and raise your voice for understanding; if you seek it like silver, and search for it as for hidden treasures -- then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1-5).

Father God, I do need Your wisdom, Your understanding, and the insights of the hidden treasures of Your words. Speak to me by Your Word; speak to me in my heart. "Then (I) will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path; for wisdom will come into (my) heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to (my) soul; prudence will watch over (me); and understanding will guard (me)" (v. 2:9-11).

The wisdom and the ways of this world are confusing and inconsistent. They're often self-centered and self-destructive. They seem to change with the tide, bowing to the pressures of culture, rising and falling with the discourse of public opinion or political popularity. But Your Word withstands the tests of time. Your wisdom endures forever. "I know that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it; God has done this, so that all should stand in awe before Him" (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

So I lean in to hear and set my heart to listen. I seek after Your hidden treasures and search for Your wisdom like silver. This is the wisdom that will last; these are the ways that are eternal. Let me settle for nothing less. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the Holy Spirit of the living God stir in your heart to seek out the hidden treasures of God's wisdom every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!