Thursday, February 15, 2018


Morning by Morning, February 15 - "Where is the God of Elijah?"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your light shine in my heart and through my life today.  ... "

(Elisha) picked up the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. He took the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and struck the water, saying, 'Where is the Lord, the God of Elijah?'" When he had struck the water, the water was parted to the one side and to the other, and Elisha went over. When the company of prophets who were at Jericho saw him at a distance, they declared, 'The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha'" (2 Kings 2:13-15). 

The "spirit of Elijah" was the Holy Spirit of the Living God that rested upon him and moved in power through him (1 Kings 18:46). The "mantle" of Elijah was the extension and expression of Your authority that You chose to release in Your power through his life to accomplish Your purposes according to Your will. And the "God of Elijah" is the same Lord our God who is "the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). 

The same Holy Spirit that parted the waters before Elijah and before Elisha and before Moses before them is the same Holy Spirit that parts the waters before us today. The same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is the same Holy Spirit that lives and abides and abounds to move in the power and authority of the Lord our God through our lives to accomplish Your purposes according to Your will (Romans 8:11). 

When we cry out, "Where is the God of Elijah? Where is the God of Elisha and Moses, of David and Abraham, of Deborah and Esther, of Peter and Paul and James and John?" You say, "I AM--I AM here with you, I AM here upon you, I AM here within you. And in the power of My grace, I will accomplish My purposes and My will through your life. I AM the God of Elijah and I AM the God of every one of My children in every generation who love Me and who are called according to My purpose."  ... 

Yes, Lord. You are I AM (Exodus 3:14). And You are here (Matthew 28:20). Here I am, Lord; send me in the power and authority of Your Spirit to fulfill Your purposes according to Your will through my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are anointed and empowered by the Holy Spirit of the Living God, who is with you and upon you and within you, to fulfill the Lord's purposes according His will through you life today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 

 

 I welcome you to join with me in a daily journey of passionate, pursuing prayer through my 365 Day Prayer Devotional, Morning by Morning, Second Edition, for a deeply intimate and personal journey of prayer each day.


https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Daily-Prayer-Journey-Second/dp/1540466922/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1515422684&sr=8-2

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!