Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Morning by Morning, February 27 - "Christ Lives in You"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me and empower me to be more like You today.  ... 

"This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God's people.... And this is the secret:  Christ lives in you" (Colossians 1:26-27 NLT). 

Come live in me, Lord Jesus Christ. You came into my heart on the day I was saved, when Your Holy Spirit filled my human spirit and I came alive in rebirth as a child of God. And at the same time, You want so much more--not just for You to be in my heart, but for my heart to become like Your heart; not just a moment on my spiritual calendar, but a moment by moment spiritual journey of a lifetime.  

As You are, so am I to be in this world (1 John 4:17). Your Spirit is at work within me--every moment of every day--making me more like You, conforming me into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). 

And I thank You that it's not by my power, that it doesn't depend upon anything I do or don't do, apart from welcoming You and Your Spirit to be at work within me. I'm not depending on myself or my goodness or my power; I'm "depending on Christ's mighty power that works with me" (Colossians 1:29 NLT). "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). And I believe one of the things that pleases You the most, my Father God, is when I embrace the desire and the power of Your Holy Spirit to make me more like Jesus each day. 

By the power of Your grace and the mercy of Your love, You've put this desire and power to work in my heart through Your Spirit--"that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:19-20 NLT). This is a great secret of faith that I'm finally fully discovering and embracing--"Christ in me, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Lord, let it be so. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 
My Friend, I pray you embrace the desire and the power of the Holy Spirit of God to be at work within in you, making you more like Jesus every moment of every day, fully knowing this secret of faith without a doubt that "Christ live in you," in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 



Living in the Freedom and Authority of a Spirit-filled Life!
 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!