Tuesday, February 20, 2018


Morning by Morning, February 20 - "Sharing in the Spirit"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen up for Your leading.  ...


"If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete:  be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:1-5).

When we're "sharing in the Spirit," we're sharing in the mind and heart and nature of Christ Jesus. We don't insist on our own way; but instead, we yield to Your way. We don't "look out for number one;" but instead, we look up to the One who is always giving, always loving, always seeking to build up others to help them see themselves in the way You see them. And when we're "sharing in the Spirit," we're sharing in Your joy so that our joy is made complete.

Lord, convict me of my self-centeredness, convict me of my selfishness, and awaken within me a heart of selflessness. Let that same mind be in me that was in Christ Jesus, who "humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death--even death on a cross" (v. 2:8). Let that same Spirit be in me that led You and empowered You to lay down Your life in love for the sake of others.

I know I have far to go to truly have that kind of selfless and humble desire. But I welcome You to keep putting Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to align my will with Your will and my ways with Your ways, a little more each day. When I'm "sharing in the Spirit," I'm allowing Your Spirit to keep changing my spirit from the inside out, as You continue Your faithful work and purposeful plan of conforming me into Your image (Romans 8:28). Lord, have Your way. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you're being conformed into the image of the Son of God, sharing in His Spirit and growing in His nature, a little more each day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 


Living in the Freedom and Authority of a Spirit-filled Life!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!