Thursday, September 13, 2018


Morning by Morning, September 13 - "Out of the Abundance of the Heart"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit and make me more like You today.  ... 

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit; for each tree is know by its own fruit. Figs are not gathered from thorns, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:43-45).  

My words reveal what's in my heart. Out of the abundance of my heart my mouth speaks. So create in me in clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10). Fill my heart with Your Word so my words reflect Yours. Conform my spirit to Your Spirit so my nature becomes more like Your nature (Romans 8:29). 

Let my words reveal the life and love, the peace and joy, the encouragement and hope I have in You and that You've poured into me. Let my words encourage and comfort, edify and build up, exhort and inspire, because I see with Your eyes and speak from Your heart, as I abide in You and You abide in me (1 Corinthians 14:3; John 15:4). 

When You hear my words that reveal my heart, what do You hear and see in me, Lord?  ... 

It seems I hear You saying, "A heart that seeks Me, that pursues Me, that hungers and thirsts for more of Me. A heart that's willing to be conformed to Me and allowing Me to make your heart more like Mine."  ... 

Lord, I pray that's true, that this is Your voice and not my wishful thinking or vain imaginations. If I can keep choosing, by the power of Your grace, to keep pursuing this path with all my heart, all the things in me that need to change and be conformed to Your image will yield to You along the journey of my life in You. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases (You)" (Philippians 2:13). And I want to be filled with the desire and the power to please You in all that I am and all that I do -- with the words I speak and with the treasure of God flowing out of the heart that I in You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you know the good treasure of God He has formed in your heart as you pursue Him and His heart, allowing your words and your ways to reveal His heart in you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!