Thursday, September 20, 2018

Morning by Morning, September 20 - Dressed and Ready
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You, as I listen for Your voice and wait for the leading of Your Spirit.  ...
 
"Be dressed for action and have your lamps; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master finds alert when he comes; truly I tell you, he will fasten his belt and have them sit down to eat, and he will come and serve them. If he come during the middle of the night, or near dawn, and finds them so, blessed are those slaves" (Luke 12:35-38).
 
One day You will return in Your glory to the earth at Your second coming (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11). And every day between now and then, You want to come in Your glory into my heart (Colossians 1:27; Revelation 3:20). So even as I long for the coming of the day of the Lord in the earth, give me a longing for the coming of the Lord of this day in my heart. And as I'm longing, let me also be preparing for Your coming, "dressed for action" with my lamp lit -- dressed and ready, secure in my identity and fulfilling my destiny.
 
I'm Your servant -- "a slave of Christ" who has been "bought with a price" (1 Corinthians 7:22-23). And at the same time, I'm Your son -- a son of God and "joint heir with Christ" (Romans 8:17). As Your servant and Your son, I'm called to be ready for Your coming, ready for Your leading, willing and available for Your service. Dressed for action with my lamp lit, may I be "found faithful" when You come in Your glory in the sky; and at the same time, may I be "found faithful" as You come in Your glory in my heart today (1 Corinthians 4:2 NKKV). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you are dressed and ready, prepared for the coming of the Lord as a servant of God and a child of God, faithfully secure in your identity and fulfilling your destiny, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!