Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Morning by Morning, September 18 - One in Truth with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Way and the Truth and the Life. Lead me in the way of truth that leads to life in You today. ...
 
"Thomas said to Him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going. How can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you know Me, you will know My Father also. For now on you do know Him and have seen Him" (John 14:5-7).
 
To know You is to know the Father; to see You is to see the Father. As You said, "The Father and I are One" (John 10:30). 
 
To hear Your voice is to hear the Father's voice. As Your Word says, "Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom He also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and He sustains all things by His powerful word" (Hebrews 1:1-3).
 
As You are One with the Father, You are One with the Holy Spirit. As You said to Your first disciples and as You fulfill in all Your disciples, "This is the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. You know Him, because He abides with you, and He will be in You.... On that day you will know that I am in My Father and you in Me, and I in you....  Those who love me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them...  The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you" (John 14:17-26).
 
Just as You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit, You desire to One with us. You call out to us by Your Spirit of truth, our Helper, "Abide in Me as abide in you" (John 15:4). And as we respond in surrender and faith, Your Word promises us "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). "Truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ" (1 John 1:3).
 
This is how You conform us into Your image, forming Your thoughts in our minds, Your desires in our hearts, and Your nature in our nature (Romans 8:29 and 12:2). "God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:16-17).
 
Come, Holy Spirit, "Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9). Make me more Christ-like today, more like my Father today. I want to be more and more "mature in Christ" and fully embrace "the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27-28). "As (I) there have received Christ Jesus the Lord, (may I) continue to live (my) life in Him, rooted and build up in Him and established in the faith, just as (I) was taught, abounding in thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6).
 
This is the way You've set before me today, as You do every day. You invite me, "Choose life so that (I) and (my) descendants may live, loving the Lord (my) God, obeying Him, and holding fast to Him" (Deuteronomy 30:19-20). And this is the promise You will continue to fulfill in me as I continue to entrust myself to You. "He will also strengthen (me) to the end, so that (I) may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful; by Him (I) was called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1 Corinthians 1:8-9).
 
So by the power of Your grace at work within me by Your Spirit, I choose life, I choose You -- the One who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. "I am confident of this, that the One who began a good work (within me) will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6). "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of (us)" (2 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are growing every day into maturity in Christ in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the love of God, and in the communion of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!