Friday, December 07, 2018

Morning by Morning, December 7 - Filled Up to be Sent Out
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"Now in the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers:  Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a member of the court of Herod the ruler, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.' Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went..." (Acts 13:1-4).
 
When we're worshiping and fasting, we're positioning our human spirits to hear Your Holy Spirit. When we're setting apart time for You and Your leading, we're available to be set apart for You and Your plans. When we draw near to You in prayer, we're inspired to be sent out by You in power.
 
For me, these morning times of prayer I set part for You are my way of worshiping You in spirit and truth, of fasting from everything else that would fill up this time of these first moments and first fruits of my day, of seeking Your face and listening for Your voice, of being available to filled up and sent out by Your Holy Spirit. 
 
In so many ways, these morning times are my spiritual life-line that sets the stage and prepares the way for me to be confidently secure in who I am and boldly faithful in what You will do through me each day. Thank You for putting this spiritual hunger in me for Your Word, this spiritual thirst in me for Your Spirit that keeps drawing me near, drawing me here, morning by morning, to be filled up and sent out.
 
I'm sure that when they laid hands on Barnabas and Saul for them to be filled up and sent out by Your Holy Spirit, they had no idea of all that would come. I doubt that Saul, also known as Paul, knew this would be the first of many missionary journeys through many lands that would form the basis for much of the New Testament out of all the experiences and challenges that lay ahead him. But he went in faith, with Barnabas at his side, to begin "the work to which (You) had called them."
 
Here I am, Lord. Send me. Draw me near and fill me up. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Prepare the way and order my steps. Assign me and align me with the right relationships for my journey through this season. Open the doors that no man can close and open the doors that no man can open, to fulfill Your plan and Your purpose for me this day and every day to come. By the power of Your grace, may I be confidently secure in who I am in You and boldly faithful to the calling and purpose You put in my heart to fulfill through my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are filled up and sent out, hearing what the Spirit to saying to you and those the Lord has aligned with you for this season of fulfilling your destiny, secure in your identity in Him, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Morning by Morning. Order my 365 Day Prayer Devotional for yourself or a friend to begin the New Year starting off each day embraced by the Father, centered in Jesus, and filled afresh with the Holy Spirit.
 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!