Thursday, December 06, 2018

Morning by Morning, December - The Secret Place
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with my Father, One with Holy Spirit. Come be One within me, as I look to You and listen for Your leading in the communion of payer to begin my day, O Lord my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (John 17:21).  ...
 
"And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you" (Matthew 6:5).
 
Thank You for the gift of the "secret" place. It's the secret place of prayer, the secret place of deeply personal and intimate relationship with You with You where it's only us. It's "the secret place of Your Presence" (Psalm 31:20 NKJV).
 
You draw me close to take some time to come away with You -- behind closed doors to the world and even to the most wonderful things in my life, until it's just You and me alone in the secret place for a little while. It doesn't replace the truth that You're always with me, that You never leave, that You never forsake me, that You hem me in before and behind and all around. But at the same time, it's a  separate time, a sacred time, set apart for You and just the two of us -- my God and me.
 
Here in the secret place, You remind me that You're my Father and I'm Your child (Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1). You remind me You're my Savior and I'm Your servant, Your disciple, and even Your friend (Luke 2:11; Matthew 10:24; John 15:15). You remind me You're my Comforter, my Counselor, my Advocate, and the One who leads me in truth and empowers me to be all You've created me and called me to be (John 14:16, 26; Acts 1:8). You remind me of all the gifts and graces I have in You as one of Your children "who dwells in the secret place of the Most High" and seeks to daily "abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1 NKJV).
 
Here in the secret place, I rest in You so I can then arise in newness of life, refreshed and renewed, encouraged and empowered, secure in my identity and fulfilling my destiny -- embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. These are just a few of the priceless rewards for me when I come and meet You in the secret place I have in You and that You have in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are drawn into the secret place of deeply personal and intimate encounters with God, along your journey with Him every day, embracing all the rewards of His Presence He has for you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Morning by Morning. Order my 365 Day Prayer Devotional for yourself or a friend to begin the New Year starting off each day embraced by the Father, centered in Jesus, and filled afresh with the Holy Spirit.
 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!