Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Morning by Morning, December 18 - "Blessed" and "Highly Favored"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Having come in, the angel said to (Mary), 'Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!'" (Luke 1:26 NKJV)
 
Mary wasn't "blessed" and "highly favored" because she was better than anyone else. She was "blessed" and "highly favored" because You were with her. And that was even before the Holy Spirit came upon her and overshadowed her to conceive the Son of God in her womb (v. 1:35). She was already "blessed" and "highly favored" even before she believed in Your word to her in faith and made herself available to You in obedience for Your plans and purposes for her life and the lives You would touch through her. 
 
It wasn't what Mary believed or what she did that made her "blessed" and "highly favored." It was who she was -- a child of God, loved by God, created by God with purpose and calling and destiny that could only be fulfilled by God. And so are we. What we do flows out of who we are; and who we are was determined by God long before we ever said in faith, "Let it be to me according to your word" (v. 1:38).
 
We're "blessed" and "highly favored" because You created us, because You love us, and because You are with us. "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago" (Ephesians 2:10 NLT). And from the security and confidence of who we are in You and of who You are with us, You can do great things with our lives. "For with God nothing will be impossible" (Luke 1:37). 
 
Thank You, Lord, that I'm "blessed" and "highly favored!" Thank You that You are with me, overshadowing me and empowering me with Your Holy Spirit. Thank You that You can do great things through my life for Your glory because I am a child of God, created and called according to Your purpose. Let it be to me according to Your Word! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are secure and confident in who you are -- a "blessed" and "highly favored" child of God, created and called according to His purpose, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    

Morning by Morning. Order my 365 Day Prayer Devotional for yourself or a friend to begin the New Year starting off each day embraced by the Father, centered in Jesus, and filled afresh with the Holy Spirit.
 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!