Sunday, June 12, 2005

Doubting Thomas' Faith 6-12-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, wash me in Your Word. ... Though Thomas doubted You, You redeemed his doubt into faith. He doubted Your resurrection, telling the other disciples, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in His hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in His side, I will not believe" (John 20.25). His doubt hardened into pride. His perspective of "unless I" turned into his attitude of "I will not." How often our doubt and unbelief leads us into arrogance and pride. We are blocked from the blessings of Your grace and hindered from the peace of Your presence because we will not believe Your Word will come to pass. You told Thomas and the others they would not see You for awhile, then in a little while they would see You again, that their sorrow would be turned to joy (John 16.16-22). Your Word always comes to pass; it never returns void but always accomplishes Your purpose for which You send it (Isaiah 55.11). Your Word breaks through our pride and speaks to our doubting hearts as You spoke to Thomas' heart that day. "Do not doubt, but believe" (John 20.27). He was humbled by Your Word and redeemed in Your presence. He who was bound in doubt and unbelief was freed to proclaim in boldness and faith the highest declaration anyone ever spoke of You on earth: "My Lord and my God!" (John 20.28). You love to take our doubts and transform them into faith. You love to break through our pride and humble us in Your presence. You take what seems to be our curse and redeem it into our blessing. Thank You for the blessing of faith that overcomes the curse of doubt. Thank You for not giving up on us, but persisting in calling forth the blessing hidden beneath the curse. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!