Thursday, July 13, 2006

Burning Heart 7-13-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek You Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Let me know You more completely in every dimension of Your Being and let me receive You more deeply in every dimension of my being. … Most every Methodist knows the birth of our movement began on May 28, 1794 when John Wesley went to a Moravian prayer meeting on Aldersgate Street in London. His heart was "strangely warmed" and set ablaze with a passion for You and for others in a depth of intimacy of relationship with You he had never known. Though at the time he even thought he was having an initial salvation experience, it seems to me and many others, from his later writings and the evidence of the fruit of Your Spirit in his life both before and after that encounter, that You baptized him in Your Holy Spirit in that moment of desperate surrender and humble faith (Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:5). I've come to the annual Aldersgate Conference again this summer to understand and receive a deeper measure of the presence and power of Your Holy Spirit in my life. Help me to drink deeply of Your Living Water through the ministries of teaching, preaching, prayer, and worship. Free me to worship You from the depths of my soul, unhindered and unrestrained by anything but the leading of Your Spirit. Let me catch up with some old friends who have become family. And anoint me to teach and pray with Your power and authority as I give away to others what You have given me. When I go home, refreshed and renewed from my time with You, let me be like those disciples who encountered You along the way and received a personal touch of Your presence -- "Were not our hearts burning within us!" (Luke 24:32). Yes, Lord. Let my heart be strangely warmed at Aldersgate again this year. Baptize me afresh in Your Holy Spirit and set me ablaze with a passion for You and for others in a depth of intimacy of relationship with You I have never known. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers this week. I am ministering on the prayer team and word gifts team and I will be teaching and ministering on the topic of Freedom from the Chains of our past Friday. I wish you were all here in Springfield, Illinois with me! So please be with me in spirit through prayer. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Preparing the Way of the Lord, ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.org