Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"All Day Long" 7-18-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I begin to think about my day, before I even begin to pray for others, I seek You and offer You the first moments of my morning. No matter where this day will lead, I will know I began it here with You. … "To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me. Do not let those who wait for You be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. Make me to know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all day long" (Psalm 25:1-5). I can't wait for You "all day long" unless I wait for You now. I can't follow Your leading "all day long" unless I begin to follow You now. These first moments of the morning set in motion the journey of my day. By Your grace, draw me near to You and focus my thoughts on You. Form Your nature in my nature as I willingly choose to submit myself to You. I seek the mind of Christ, the Father heart of God, the anointing of Your Holy Spirit. "To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul" -- my mind and will and emotions. As I do, You will keep teaching me Your paths and leading me in Your truth "all day long." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday night at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. I will be leading in prayer and Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship will be leading in worship. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Preparing the Way of the Lord, ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.org