Saturday, July 15, 2006

Out of the Desert Places 7-15-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I bow to You as King of my heart. I submit to You as Lord of my life. Rule and reign in me today. Come let me hear what You are saying to me today. … "Some wandered in desert wastes, finding no way to an inhabited town; hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress; He led them by a straight way, until they reached an inhabited town. Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wonderful works to humankind. For He satisfies the thirsty, and the hungry He fills with good things" (Psalm 107:4-9). In these days apart to seek Your face and welcome Your Spirit at the Aldersgate Conference, You have released a hunger and a thirst for Your presence and Your power. The more we seek You, the more You surface our need for You. Times of intense worship are followed by times of intense ministry. Like Isaiah, the more we behold Your glory, the more we see how much we are undone and broken, in need of Your tender mercies, healing grace, and mighty power. But as we cry out to You in our troubles, You deliver us from our distress. You are satisfying our thirsting souls and filling our hungry hearts. We are being changed in the power of Your presence. Lord, what You are doing in us in these days, I pray You would do throughout the earth. Pour out a thirst and a hunger for Your presence and Your power. Lead every wandering soul out of the desert places of loneliness and isolation, out of brokenness and pain, out of anxiety and fear, out of doubt and unbelief, out of sin and shame, and into the place of Your power and Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for your prayers for us at Aldersgate. The Lord is emptying us of ourselves and filling us with Himself. I pray that blessing for each of you. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Preparing the Way of the Lord, ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.org