Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ever-Surpassing Peace 10-1-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, fully abide in me -- spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). ... "Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7). Guard my heart and my mind in Your peace. Your peace does not promise the absence of problems or perils. Your peace does not provide some sort of spiritual immunity from spiritual and mental battles for the serenity of my soul. Your peace promises, "The Lord is near" (v. 4:5). And because You are near, You speak gently, but firmly to my heart and mind, "Do not worry .... Do not be afraid ..." (Luke 12:22-34). The truth is that all the worry, anxiety, stress, and fear that I could possibly muster if I were to give in to every distressing thought from every alarming source cannot "add a single hour to (my) span of life" (Luke 12:26). "If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest?" (v. 12:26). You know just how I am and You know just what I need. You will never leave me and never forsake. You will walk through every valley with me. When things get scary, I don't have to get scared. When everything around me is getting shaken up, I don't have to get shaken up with them (Hebrews 12:27). In all the things that may ever come upon this earth in the days ahead and throughout my span of life, I need not fear or worry or be anxious for anything, for You are with me (Isaiah 43:2). And You are my Peace -- the "Prince of Peace" abiding in me and continually filling me with Your Spirit of Peace (Isaiah 9:6; Ephesians 5:18). That's the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding. So I pray You would keep surpassing my understanding with Your ever-surpassing peace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book and Our Ministry Resources at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org