Thursday, October 02, 2008

Benjamin's Blessing of Safety, Rest, and Peace 10-2-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and lift up my praise. ... "Of Benjamin he said: The beloved of the Lord rests in safety -- the High God surrounds him all day long -- the beloved rests between His shoulders" (Deuteronomy 33:12). As Moses spoke his final blessings of prophetic destiny over the tribes of Israel, he released the blessing of safety and rest over Benjamin. And in the generations to come, the land of Benjamin would be set apart as holy ground for the place of the temple of the Lord at Jerusalem (Joshua 18:21-28). So even today, we are to continue to pray for the fulfillment of this prophetic blessing upon the people and the land of Benjamin. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: 'May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, and security within your towers. For the sake of my relatives and friends I will say, 'Peace be within you.' For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good" (Psalm 122:6-9). The land of Benjamin and the city of Jerusalem have not yet known the fulfillment of this blessing. It seems this land has known the very opposite for so long through wars, terror, and conflict of every kind. So often it seems we must walk through a wilderness of the opposite of our destiny as we learn to pray and hold fast to Your promises in order to grow into spiritual maturity. Yet Your Word will come to pass and Your blessing will be fulfilled, in Your timing and in Your way, both literally and spiritually (Isaiah 55:11). One day, as the Prince of Peace, You will personally fulfill this blessing of safety and rest in Jerusalem, the city of peace (Zechariah 9:9-17). "Many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to entreat the favor of the Lord (Zechariah 8:20-23). Until the ultimate fulfillment of that day, Your blessing of safety and rest is fulfilled in the lives of all who welcome the dwelling of Your Spirit in the temple of our bodies and allow Your home to be in our hearts (1 Corinthians 3:16). Like the land of Benjamin that would lie in the shadow of Your earthly temple, we will know Your blessing as we seek to dwell in the shadow of Your heavenly temple. "You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress; my God in whom I trust" (Psalm 91:1-2). You welcome each one of us into that blessing through Christ. "Abide in Me as I abide in you" (John 15:4). So by Your grace, I choose to receive that blessing of Benjamin and all "the blessing of Abraham" now available to all who will seek it and receive it by faith in You (Galatians 3:14). As I live in You and You live in me, today and everyday, may I know the blessing of safety and rest in the peace of Your abiding Presence dwelling in me. Even in the times where it seems like I'm living in a wilderness of the opposite, I know You are leading me into all the blessings of all Your promises fulfilled in Christ. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. New Location for "Come To The Mountain" Israel prayer! Starting Monday October 6th we will begin meeting at Southland Evangelical Methodist Church 2601 Clays Mill Rd (corner of Clays Mill and Hill n' Dale). All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my book and our resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org