Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"In Due Time" 9-30-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me near, fill my soul with the fullness of Your Spirit today and every day. ... "(Elisha) said, 'At this season, in due time, you shall embrace a son.' She replied, 'No, my lord, O man of God, do not deceive your servant.' The woman conceived and bore a son at that season, in due time, as Elisha had declared to her" (2 Kings 4:16-17). The Shunammite woman longed for a son, but thought the time had passed for the desires of her heart to be fulfilled. But those desires were Your desires. And You are the God who loves to give us the desires of our heart when entrust our hearts to You. "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act" (Psalm 34:4-5). But those desires, even when expressed fervently in prayer, are not always immediately fulfilled. The answer comes in its "season" and "in due time," according to Your word and Your plans. Lord, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my heart and my desires to You. Align my thoughts and my desires with Yours. Conform my will to Your will, and set my feet on the path of Your purposes for my life. Fill my hopes and dreams with Your plans. And give me the grace of patience to persevere in faith through each season until they come to pass in due time, in Your time. As a good friend of mine says, "In His way, in His time, by His power, and for His glory!" In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be joining Jonathan Dow to lead A Day Apart for Healing at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries home base near Nashaville, Tennessee this weekend www.aldersgaterenewal.org/events/arc/day_Apart_09_Healing.html Please come join us if you can and spread the word! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: "Messiah Ministries -- Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Devotional Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com