Tuesday, March 09, 2010

“Give Heed to My Reproof” 3-9-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My eyes look to You, to see what You’re doing. My ears listen for You, to hear what You’re saying. My heart waits for You, to follow where You’re leading. … “Give heed to My reproof; I will pour out My thoughts to you; I will make My words known to you” (Proverbs 1:23). Let me learn from my losses And grow as I give Let me be humbled by my heartaches And be strengthened through my struggles Let me be counseled by Your correction And renewed by Your reproof Let me be healed by the touch of Your hand And broken at the breath of Your Spirit Let me be freed in the power of Your forgiveness And become fearless in the faith of Your Word Let me be encouraged by Your heart of compassion And be filled with the fullness of Your love Let me embrace Your mercies without measure And welcome the comfort of Your embrace Let me know You even as I am known And become more like You as I give more of me to You each day … Yes, Lord. Let these words that You have written on my heart this morning be the meditation of my heart and the transformation of my mind throughout my day. Make me sensitive to Your reproof and help me receive Your correction. I want to learn from my mistakes, be transformed in Your Presence, and be changed into Your image (2 Corinthians 3:18). Keep putting these desires in my heart; keep empowering me to live them out a little more every day. Thank You for loving me enough to never leave me as I am (Romans 8:29). Thank You for caring for me enough to have compassion for me just as I am (Matthew 9:36). All by Your grace, I will give heed to Your words of reproof to me because I trust Your heart of love toward me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My friend in the journey of prayer, thank you for joining with me in my quest and yours to be centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. With you, I praise God for being so faithful through our failures and so compassionate with our complicated lives. As we have come to know, He is merciful to redeem it all if we will keep trusting Him enough to entrust it all to His hands--hands forever scarred by the sacrifice of His never-ending love for us. Thank you for the ways you've been part of the Lord's expression of mercy and grace to me by continuing to journey with me in prayer. God bless you! All by the grace of God, we can always Celebrate His goodness and give thanksgiving and praise for His ever-abiding presence and never-ending love. Friends, please come join us for our yearly Celebration Evening March 19th in Lexington and bring some friends to learn more about all the Lord is doing through Messiah Ministries. Please spread the word. I've included our invitation below and attached it to share with friends. Come and See! Come and Celebrate! Come and Be a Part of What God is Doing! This year will have many exciting gifts contributed to our Silent Auction to raise funds for our ministries. I will be sharing stories of God's glory from my ministry trips to Pakistan, Israel, Estonia, the Philippines, around the world and here at home. We want to share our vision and calling of Messiah Ministries with all who want to learn more and may want to join with us. For more information & to RSVP please click here: Information/RSVPCelebrationDessert Please Spread the Word, Invite some Friends, and Forward this on to Everyone who may want to join us! God bless you and see you there! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502