Tuesday, April 27, 2010

O Happy Day! 4-27-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your mercies are new every morning. And every morning, I need Your new mercies. Your steadfast love and tender mercies endure forever; and You make them real to me morning by morning, one day at a time. … “Before she was in labor she gave birth; before her pain came upon her, she delivered a son. Who has heard of such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be delivered in one moment? Yet as soon as Zion was in labor she delivered her children. Shall I open the womb and not deliver? says the Lord; shall I, the One who delivers shut the womb? says your God. Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice with her in joy, all you who mourn over her …” (Isaiah 68:7-10). Like Zion, there are prophetic words spoken into my spirit that I have not yet seen come to pass. Like Israel, there are days that seem more like merely existing in exile and aimlessly wandering in the wilderness rather than entering into the promise land in possession of my inheritance. Like Jerusalem, there are seasons that seem like the mourning shall last for a lifetime instead of the nighttime and the joy that comes with the morning never quite seems to come. There are times when I wonder if it’s worth it, when I question Your wisdom, when I’m frustrated with Your timing, and disappointed with what seems like Your delay, longing to know whether the promises of hope and destiny of tomorrow You’ve sown by Your words like seed in my spirit will ever come. But the truth is, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but (Your) words shall not pass away” (Mark 13:31). Every word of Your Word will be fulfilled in Your timing, in Your way, for Your purposes. “Scripture cannot be broken;” all will come to pass (John 10:35, KJV). Your word that go forth from Your mouth shall not return to You void but will always accomplish that which You purpose and that for which You send it (Isaiah 55:11). So I will choose to trust Your words in every way You’ve spoken them and sown them into my spirit. Like Mary, I will ponder them in my heart until the day I see them come to pass (Luke 2:19). When I’m tempted to give up or turn back or let go, I will remember Your faithfulness and Your promises, encouraged by the understanding and revelation “that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day” (2 Peter 3:8). You are always at work aligning my relationships, preparing me for Your purposes, and ordering my steps to fulfill my destiny in Your Kingdom in so many ways I cannot always see and do not always understand. In these ways, “(You are) not slow about (Your) promises” and “while (I am) waiting for these things, (I will) strive to be found by (You) at peace, without spot or blemish; and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation” (2 Peter 3:8-15). As I hold on to Your words by grace in faith, I am “waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God” (2 Peter 3:12). All that You have conceived in Your heart for my life and planted in my spirit will be birthed at just the right time—in Your perfect time. So this day, even before that day has come, I will rejoice and be glad. By the mercy of Your grace and the certainty of Your Word and Your love, I will choose to thank You now by faith for what You will surely bring to pass on that day to come. It “will come to pass; it will be done for (me)” just as You have said (Mark 11:22-24). Like Nanny used to say, “O happy day!” And when that day finally comes, O what a day of rejoicing that will be. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!