Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pressing On in Passionate Pursuit 4-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your Word tells me that as I behold You I become more like You, as Your Spirit changes me into Your image from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). I want to be more like You by the grace of God, so I do look to You and open myself to Your Holy Spirit in these first moments of my morning to begin well and set the tone for my day. … “I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own” (Philippians 3:10-12). Paul said, “I want to know Christ … so I press on; I want to know the power of His resurrection … so I press on; I want to know the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death … so I press on; I want to know my own resurrection from the dead … so I press on.” Your Holy Spirit revealed to him that in order to “make it (his) own,” he had to press on. He wasn’t passive; he was passionate. He wasn’t holding back, he was taking hold. He wasn’t waiting for You to come change him; he knew You were changing him as He pressed on and pressed in to more and more of You. Lord, help me to be more passionately in pursuit of You. I hear Your Spirit now stirring my spirit with the words of a new song of passionate pursuit Your writing in my heart as I pray: I want to be like You, Lord I want to see like you, Lord I want to know that my life Is Your living sacrifice So I must press on To make it my own In passionate pursuit Nothing less will ever do ‘Cause anything less Will always be less than all You have for me Yes, Lord. More, Lord. It’s the grace of God by the leading of Your Holy Spirit that lifts my eyes to You, that gives me the desire to seek You and to trust You. But only I can choose to obey You, to give myself completely to You, to passionately pursue You. It’s my choice. And I choose You—as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays God bless you my friend, as You passionately pursue the Lord our God! Thank you for joining with me in the journey and the pursuit of the glory of His Presence in our lives. Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night April 16th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. I will be leading in Prayer while Brooke and Shannon Barrett will be leading in Worship this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level 2, April 28-May 1, 2010 A focused time of teaching, mentoring, discipleship, personal ministry, equipping, worshipping and prayer led by Tommy Hays and a Messiah Ministries teaching team of experienced prayer ministers. This time, Dan Van Nice from Austin and Lisa Preston will be joining us to teach. We will continue to study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. Level 2 gives deeper experience, opportunity, and practice in healing ministry. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Information/RegisterSchoolOfMinistryLevel2 Also, you can contact Marilyn, our Messiah Ministries Director of Ministries for more information: DirOfMinistries@aol.com 859-317-1591 Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY