Thursday, April 08, 2010

“So I Send You” in Resurrection Power 4-8-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is above every name. And I exalt Your name above every moment of my day. … “Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so I send you.’ When He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’ ” (John 20:21-22). Your resurrection was a transition from the ministry of Jesus to the ministry of the disciples of Jesus in the name of Jesus by the power of the Spirit of Jesus. Just as the Father sent You, now You sent them. Just as the Father sent You as Son of Man, empowered by the Spirit of God, so You sent forth Your disciples as sons and daughters of men, empowered by the Spirit of God. They were to be disciples of Christ, filled with the Spirit of Christ, continuing the ministry of Christ—not in their names, but Your name; not in their power, but Your power; not for their glory, but for Your glory. And so it is with every generation of the disciples of Jesus Christ. You call us to receive Your peace as welcome the One who is peace within us. You call us to open our spirits to receive the breath of Your Spirit. We’re to look and see and remember all You did on this earth as Son of Man by the Spirit of God, as we go where You send us in the power You’ve given us. We’re to be willing to lay down our lives for the sake of Your name and the glory of Your fame, so You can raise us up into newness of life in the resurrection power of Christ. That’s how You change us and that’s how You change the world around us. As Your disciples, throughout every generation, we are “the body of Christ” on this earth, being filled with “one Spirit” and “all baptized into one body” to continue the ministry of Christ on earth in our generation (1 Corinthians 12:13, 27). Together, we are Your hands and feet, Your heart and words, Your body filled with Your resurrected Spirit. “Because as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). Lord Jesus, help me know my place in Your body. Help me be filled with the fullness of Your Spirit. Give me courage to pray what You give me to pray, to say what You give me to say, and to go where You send me to go. Give me understanding to be who You’ve created me and called me to be. Then Your peace with be with me because the Spirit of the One who is Peace will be within me. Then I will fulfill my destiny in Christ because I will know my identity in Christ. As You change me, You will also be changing the world around me in every place You send me by Your Holy Spirit within me. Lord, let it be so. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us for two Messiah Ministries events coming up in Lexington, Kentucky in April, as well as The Fountain, our monthly citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship always at 7 pm on the 3rd Friday Night of every month: April 10, 2010 Day of Prayer and Fasting we're calling "Breaking the Silence--Restoring the Voice of Women in the Church" based upon Acts 2:17-18. Laura Beach and I will be leading in prayer along with various worship leaders throughout the day. April 28-May 1, 2010 "The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level 2." Please contact Marilyn, our Messiah Ministries Director of Ministries for more information: DirOfMinistries@aol.com 859-317-1591 The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level 2 A focused time of teaching, mentoring, discipleship, personal ministry, equipping, worshipping and prayer led by Tommy Hays and a Messiah Ministries teaching team of experienced prayer ministers. We will continue to study and experience a Biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. Level 2 gives deeper experience, opportunity, and practice in healing ministry. For more information or to Register for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry: Information/RegisterSchoolOfMinistryLevel2 Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502