Friday, October 15, 2010

God of the Living, Not the Dead 10-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit, and lead me in the ways of Your will for my day. … “Jesus said to them, ‘Is this not the reason you are wrong, that you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God?... He is God not of the dead, but of the living’” (Mark 12:24-27). Holy Spirit, You are the Spirit of the Living God. Give me a deep hunger for Your Word and great expectancy for Your power. Bring the Scriptures alive in my life and bring my life into line with Your Scriptures. Thank You for the principles and inspiration of every encounter and experience of the men and women whose lives are now woven into the Word of God from the past. And thank You for the empowerment and encouragement to encounter and experience You for myself, as You weave the Word of God into my life each day. Your Word says, “Go make disciples of all nations. Go lay your hands on the sick and they shall recover. Go proclaim the coming of the Kingdom of God, for the Kingdom of God is at hand. Go visit the lonely, clothe the naked, feed the poor, father the fatherless, encourage the discouraged, heal the broken, deliver the captives—all in the power of Your Spirit to the glory of Your name.” Your Spirit says, “Go, let My Word and My power come alive in your life.” You’re not God of the dead, but God of the living. Works without faith is exhausting, but “faith without works is dead” (James 2:26). So stir in my human spirit with the power and passion of Your Holy Spirit. Awaken me to arise and shine, for my Light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon me, that Your name might be gloried through me (Isaiah 60:1-3). This is the inheritance of Your children and disciples and saints, which each of us are in Christ Jesus our Lord (Colossians 1:12). Give me fresh anointing, fresh faith, fresh fire, fresh power to live out my faithfulness to Your Word in the fullness of Your power every day. Let me never settle for merely a form of godliness, denying Your power or watering down Your Word (2 Timothy 3:5). But in the authority of Your Word and in the power of Your Spirit, let me “live and move and have (my) being” in You (Acts 17:28). “Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me” today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for praying for us on our Encounter Wales! ministry journey praying for revival and awakening in this land. We'll be having time of personal prayer ministry today. Tonight we'll be traveling by train tonight with Heather to Dunham on the Hill, England, just over the Welsh border, to encourage the saints at a Christian cafe business this weekend, where God moves in power of healing and salvation in the marketplace every day. Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night October 15th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Jennifer Warren will be leading in worship and Linda Dulin will be leading in prayer this month, while I'm away on ministry in Wales. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!a