Monday, October 18, 2010

Holy Fire, My Heart’s Desire 10-18-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Consume me in the fire of Your Spirit. … Holy Fire My heart’s desire Is to know Your Presence and Your power The Presence of Your Fire And the power of Your love Burning in me Burning through me Your Holy Fire is my heart’s desire … Yes, Lord. Let this new song You’re writing in my heart and singing through my spirit be my cry and call, my dedication and consecration of my heart and life to You this day and every day. … “When Solomon had ended his prayer, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple” (2 Chronicles 7:1). “Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and of spirit, making holiness perfect in the fear of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 7:1). I’ve never noticed until this morning the parallel between 2 Chronicles 7:1 and 2 Corinthians 7:1. From both the Old Covenant of Your law and the New Covenant of Your grace, Your eternal Word speaks to us of Your holy fire that both falls down from heaven and flames up from within us to consume all that is set apart and offered freely to You. Your holy, purifying, all-consuming Fire filled Solomon’s temple with the glory of Your Presence. No flesh could stand in Your Presence (2 Chronicles 7:3). Now that same holy, purifying, all-consuming Fire now fills the temple of our hearts with the glory of Your Presence. Through Your Holy Spirit of Christ, now burning in us, our hearts are Your temple, set ablaze with the glory of Your Presence (1 Corinthians 3:16). And no flesh can stand in Your Presence. You are “Christ in (us), the hope of glory;” You are Christ in us, the glory of the Presence of God, burning in us as a Holy Fire by Your Holy Spirit (Colossians 1:27). You are “a consuming Fire,” a Holy Fire first consuming within us all that is not yet like You and then consuming each day all of us that we continue to choose to set apart for You: “Let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for indeed our God is a consuming Fire” (Hebrews 12:28-29). And this is my desire—that You would consume me in Your Holy Fire. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we had an incredible time of worship, prayer, and ministry this weekend at the Dunham Rose cafe in the village of Dunahm On The Hill outside Chester, England near the border of Wales. It's a place of marketplace ministry and church outside the walls, where prayer and miracles happen all the time in the every day flow of life. We were honored to be there to encourage them and minister with them. And they were so encouraging to us, with astounding prophetic words of what is yet to come on our adventure and Encounter Wales! ministry journey this month. Thank you for praying for all of us. God bless you! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!