Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Break Out and Break Through - Feb 23

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. I welcome You, Lord God, in every dimension of Your Being into every dimension of my being. …

“I will surely gather all of you, O Jacob, I will gather the survivors of Israel, I will set them together like sheep in a fold, like a flock in its pasture; it will resound with people. The one who breaks out will go up before them; they will break through and pass the gate, going out by it. Their king will pass on before them, the Lord at their head” (Micah 2:12-13).

Your covenants are forever; Your promises are everlasting. Despite our sins that would divide us from Your blessings, You are constantly calling us back, calling us near. Like Israel, there will always be a remnant who will turn to You, receiving Your mercy, and embracing Your love. Like Israel, there will always be those who survive the consequences and devastations of our own sins and the sins of those around us to be gathered again into Your arms through the gate of repentance.

Lord, give me a repentant heart—a heart continually turning away from my sin and toward Your holiness. When I’m overwhelmed or overcome by the temptations and pressures of the world, the flesh, and the devil, let me hear Your voice calling me near. Let me break out of the snare of the enemy and the bondage of sin. Let me break through the walls that would divide me from Your will and go out through the gate You’ve opened up in the walls by the power of the blood of the Lamb, preparing the way of escape.

You’re not only on the other side of that wall, calling me back, You’re also on this side of the wall leading me through. You are the King who leads Your people home, passing on before them. You are the Lord who leads us through the gate of repentance and grace. You are the Gate itself. As You said long ago, “I Am the Gate. Whoever enters by Me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:9-10).

I want to be among Your remnant, among Your survivors, who live to fight another day, who live to die to themselves another day. I want to be among those who hear Your voice and turn from their sins and enter through Your Gate into the pastures of Your will. I need Your mercy and grace that flows out of Your steadfast love to all who will allow You to gather them up and bring them close. So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to rise up and break out and break through, following You, my King and my Lord, through the Gate of the One who’s made a way through Your mercy and love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Equipping, Training, Impartation for Healing Prayer Ministry
Friends, please come join us and spread the word with someone who may be interested for our next Messiah Ministries’ 4 Day Intensive School of Ministry that I'll be leading in March in Lexington ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). Scholarships are available as needed.

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home - bottom left corner