Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Giving from the Heart - Feb 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I give You my spirit, soul, and body. I am Yours and You are mine. …

“When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, in case they might invite you in return, and you would be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the cripple, the lame, and the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous” (Luke 14:12-14).

How much of what I do, do I do for what may be done for me? How much of what I give, do I give for what may be given to me? How truly generous am I? How truly selfless am I? And by the same measure, how truly selfish am I—ultimately thinking of myself even when I appear, even to myself, to be thinking of others?

It’s true that I’ll always receive more that what I give. That’s one of Your spiritual laws (Luke 6:38). It’s true that whatever I sow in good soil will always bring back a harvest of more than what I’ve sown. That’s one of Your spiritual laws too (Luke 8:8). But should I give, should I sow, because I know how to work the system? Because I know how to get what I need? Because “them that gives is them that gets?”

It’s what’s in my heart that comes out in my life (Mark 7:21). And I want my giving to come out of my heart. I want my living to come out of my heart. I don’t want to be giving and living for what I think I’m going to get back in this life. So change my heart, O God. Make me a generous, joyful giver. I want to love to give just for the sake of the joy and peace it brings to those to whom You lead me to give—“generous, ready to share, thus storing up for (myself) the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that (I) may talk hold of the life that really is life” (1 Timothy 6:18-19). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please consider coming or sharing the word with someone who may be interested for our next 4 Day Intensive Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry
( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ) coming up in March. And please come join us for The Fountain this Friday Night at 7 PM, our monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship ( www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar ). God bless you!

To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute