Thursday, February 20, 2014

Morning by Morning, February 20 - "In the Valley of Decision"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. Rule and reign in my life; be Lord of every moment of my day.  ...

"Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision" (Joel 3:11)

In a sense, every day is the day of the Lord and every valley is the valley of decision. You set before us each day life or death, blessing or curse; and You invite us to choose whom we will trust, whom we will obey, whom we will serve.

All Your promises are before us. The abundance of life we can have in You is ready to be embraced every day if we will turn and look to the One who promises to bring us through every valley and into the fulfillment of our inheritance. As You said to Moses and Joshua and all the children of Israel, You say to us every day:  "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may life, loving the Lord your God, obeying Him, and holding fast to Him; for that means life to you and length of days, so that you may live in the land that the Lord swore to give to your ancestors, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob" (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).

As we choose You and keep choosing You, You bring us through every valley (Psalm 23:4). You bring us through the waters and rivers and fires, for You love us and You are with us (Isaiah 43:1-5).  So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose You. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15). Let this day be a good day, a day of the Lord in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you know the Presence and power and grace of God with you through every decision, as you keep choosing Him and trusting Him to faithful to you through whatever choices you face. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue