Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Morning by Morning, August 22 - "Real Life"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are welcome here in my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all His glory" (Colossians 3:1-4 NLT). 
 
"Real life" is in You. "Real life" is when I allow You to be my life -- when I'm abiding in You and allowing You to abide in me, when I'm trusting You to know what's best, when I'm following You into the fullness of my destiny in You, secure in my identity in You (John 15:4). "Real life" is when I wholeheartedly embrace the One who is "the way, the truth, and the life" -- holding nothing back from You and fully taking hold of You (John 14:6).
 
So as I begin my day, I can set my sights on the things above or the things below. I can choose to see with the eyes of heaven or the eyes of earth, with Your perspective or the world's perspective. I can seek You first and Your kingdom and Your righteousness or I can seek to just go with the flow of the ways of the world around me or the ways of my flesh that are not yet crucified with Christ within me (Matthew 6:33; Galatians 2:20).
 
I choose You. I choose my "new life with Christ." I choose Your perspective, to live into my day with Your vision and Your heart, to walk in Your ways and Your will, as best as I can and all by Your grace. I choose "real life" in You. And in the amazing mystery of faith and grace, You choose to live Your life through me. "This is the secret:  Christ lives in (me). This gives (me) assurance of sharing His glory" (Colossians 1:27 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are keeping it real, choosing your real life in Christ and allowing Christ to live His life through you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!