Thursday, August 23, 2018

Morning by Morning, August 23 - "Stand Firm for Christ"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and the moments of my day.  ...
 
"It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, and He has identified us as His own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything He has promised us" (2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NLT).
 
Holy Spirit, enable me and empower me to stand firm for Christ today. Deliver me from my duplicity; awaken me from my wavering; call me out of my complacency. Set me ablaze with a fiery passion to proclaim the name of Jesus and live into this day in the nature of Jesus. "We (are to) live like Jesus here in this world" (1 John 4:17 NLT).
 
"The Spirit who lives in (us) is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.... We belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception" (1 John 4:4-6 NLT). So by the power of Your grace at work within me, the spirit of this world will not intimidate me or silence me or keep me from standing firm for Christ. 
 
By Your Spirit, I will stand and I will speak and I will shine with the light of Your glory in my heart -- not in my power, but Yours; not in my goodness, but Yours. "For God, who said, 'Let there be light in the darkness,' has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts" (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 NLT). As You keep shining, I will keep standing -- standing firm for Christ. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you stand firm for Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, letting the light of the glory of God revealed in the face of Jesus Christ shine through you today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!