Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Morning by Morning, January 22 - My Words Matter
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart with Your heart, my thoughts with Your thoughts, my will with Your will, and my ways with Your ways -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person brings good things out of a good treasure, and the evil person brings evil things out of an evil treasure. I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" (Matthew 12:34-37).
 
According to Your Word, my words matter. And my words manifest what's in my heart. So Lord, I give You my heart and I give You my words. You are the Good Treasure in my heart that lets good treasure come out of my mouth. "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10 KJV). "My tongue will sing aloud of Your deliverance.... and my mouth will declare Your praise" (Psalm 51:14-15).
 
Like Isaiah, take a burning coal from Your altar and touch my lips (Isaiah 6:6). Let Your Holy Spirit burn in my spirit to purify my heart and sanctify my words (1 Thessalonians 5:23). "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to You" (Psalm 19:14). And then, like You, may my words be "spirit and life" to bring encouragement and hope in the authority of Your name, with Your nature in my heart and with Your Spirit abiding within my spirit (John 6:63; 14:17; and 15:4).
 
In both humility and faith, I embrace the promise and authority of Your Word:  "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever" (1 Peter 4:10-11). 
 
By the power of Your grace, may the words I utter be comforting instead of careless and penetrating instead of powerless. My words matter. So let my words make a difference in my world and in the lives I encounter today everywhere You lead. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray the words that come out of your mouth are spirit and life because Jesus is in your heart, bringing forth good treasure because the One who is the Good Treasure always abides in you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me! God bless you, my friend!

    

Pastors and Leaders Spiritual Retreat. Friends, please keep us in prayer this Saturday as I speak on prayer at a spiritual retreat for pastors and leaders at the First United Methodist Church in La Grange, Texas. "Deep to Deep."
   

Morning by Morning, Daily Devotional Book. One's year's worth of a selection of my daily prayer devotionals -- written fresh every morning from the communion of prayer to begin your day embraced by your Father, centered in Jesus, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Join me on the journey or share this with a friend who's longing for a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.

 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy

Keynote Speaker in Shropshire, England for March Conference "Release for the Captives!"
Friends, I'm excited to be invited as Keynote Speaker this year for the European Conference of the Holy Spirit through Aldersgate Renewal Ministries in Shropshire, England in March. The theme this year is "Release for the Captives!"  Come join us!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!